Travel documents, fictitious certificates and declaration of commitment

Here you will find information on how to apply for a travel document and the pupil's collective list, the fictitious certificate and the submission of a declaration of commitment.

If you wish to travel outside Germany and do not have a national passport (Reisepass), you can obtain a travel document under certain conditions.

If you are travelling with a school class (school trip), you can arrange through your teacher to be entered in the school class list (also known as the travellers' list) for travel within the Schengen area.

If you have not received your residence permit or if you only realised shortly before its expiry that your residence permit is about to expire, you can temporarily apply for a fictitious certificate which serves as proof of the existence of your right of residence.

Are you planning to invite a family member or a known person to Germany? Then you can also find out about the declaration of commitment in this section.